Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oh Great!

Mason's fish died at some point yesterday, and I didn't notice it until bedtime. I remembered the lesson I learned from the dead snail and decided not to tell Mason until after school today. Now I get to dread it all day. Great!

Carter woke up at 4:45 a.m. crying and saying his ear hurts. Great!

We're in the middle of fixing the van/buying a new car/living with one car and I have to beg a ride if I need to leave the house. Great!

And I have no groceries. Great!

I'm claiming this verse to make it through today: "Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say Rejoice" Philippians 4:4. Luckily, there's a catchy little song to keep it fresh on my mind today when I want to scream, yell, and cuss at some poor, innocent person...or at Jas.


UPDATE:
Jas is taking a sick day today to help with Carter's medical issues and to solve our car dilemma (a TALL order, to say the least). I just got back from the pediatrician, and Carter has a full-blown ear infection - a first for our family.

I opened my daily devotional email a minute ago and ran right into this verse:
James 1:19-20 "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."
I guess God read my blog post today. There are also some great tips for keeping my kids from inheriting my short temper...or at least helping them deal with it better than I do sometimes. And to think I almost deleted that email before I read the lesson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally looked at your blog! Oh, great - your blog IS great. I love it. Love you mom