Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Had to Try it Once

Tofu nuggets...

The first recipe from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook

that I've HATED.

After taking the time to

cut the tofu,

dip each tiny nugget in broccoli puree,

roll them all in a breadcrumb mixture,

and fry them in a pan,

I ended up putting the whole mess down the garbage disposal.

Luckily, I ate one before I took the time to fry the second batch.

It was...well..how to describe it.......squishy-slimy-bleckkk-YUCKY!

No more tofu in my grocery cart...ever....again....


2 comments:

Tisha said...

I bought the cookbook too. Not so impressed with it. All the recipes seem like they would take forever and I am usually in a hurry. I for sure won't try tofu nuggets if I get on a whim a decide to try a recipe. :)

Unknown said...

LOL! Not great, huh ;) I do buy tofu but only put it in their smoothies. I hear if you cook with it, it will take the flavor of what you are cooking it with. The kids don't notice it in their smoothies but that is as brave as I have been.