Sunday, September 14, 2008

Too tired to blog

The entire house showing/selling/moving process has completely eaten my lunch...I haven't been this tired since...well, I'm too tired to remember the last time I was this tired. Maybe I need some iron...or some caffeine...or some ginko biloba (whatever that is). Anyway, we're all moved in and living out of boxes, which is tiring in itself. Every time I need something, I have to go on a scavenger hunt. And every time anyone else needs something, they ask me, and I have to go on a scavenger hunt. You'd think that would be motivation to get things unpacked more quickly. Not so. I'm hoping to have everything put away by Christmas.

On another note, Mason is doing great in the 1st grade. He seems to really like school this year, although he complains about getting up and going some mornings. The other day, he was getting out of the van in the school parking lot when he looked at me and said, "Mom, I've been going to school for three whole weeks now. I think that's enough, don't you?" This is also the first year that he's been interested in playing sports. He plays football everyday at recess, and every conversation we have usually ends up being about football. When I ask him how his day was, he answers "good" or "bad" based on how many touchdowns he made...or didn't make. I was hoping to make it a few more years without joining the dreaded little league routine that every other family on the planet seems to be a part of. But Mason is already begging to join a football team next year. I'd better enjoy my free weekends while I still can.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I always prefer the unpacking to the packing. But, I do know by the time you get to the unpacking point you're already worn out.

Maybe you'll be done before Christmas.... say by Thanksgiving?!

I'm glad your son is enjoying first grade. I loved teaching first grade. They are at such a neat place in life there. No longer that little kindergartener. They just learn so much during that first grade year.