Saturday, September 6, 2008

In Search of a Fabulous Tablecloth

I've been looking for a cute, waterproof tablecloth for years. I used to be able to leave my antique mahogany table uncovered and just use place mats...and then I had kids. Now I have to cover it with waterproof tablecloth, and I've found that they just don't make cute vinyl tablecloths. I've seen the same ugly ones on the market since I started looking four or five years ago. They make everything else in really great, trendy designs...why not vinyl tablecloths?

Anyway, I decided to look for laminated fabric or oilcloth on the internet and just make a tablecloth (because I'm such an accomplished seamstress :0). Instead, I found the cutest oilcloth products sold by two different stores on Etsy, Chalkydoodles and Modern June. I didn't really want to spend $69 on a tablecloth, but Chalkydoodles lets you choose your own design by mixing and matching their fabrics. I may have to break my out of my cheapo-depot shell for once and get one of these.





2 comments:

Mimi said...

Tablecloth? Need one? Isn't that why you have a MIL? Get settled, pick one out, tell me when.
love my darling DIL

KT

Mimi said...

Isn't that why there are MILS? Get settled, decide on which one you want and let me know. I love my darling DIL.

KT