Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tiny Backseat Driver

Carter has decided that he should be the navigator when we're in the car. I'm not sure how he makes his decisions about where we should go, but it's usually the opposite direction of where we're actually going. Every time I stop at a light or stop sign, he points and says, "Dat way...NOOO....DAAAAT WAAAY!!!" and then breaks out his famous, ear-piercing scream when I turn the other way. Sometimes I can convince him that I'm going towards the train tracks, which makes him happy. But he doesn't fall for that much anymore. My friend, Wanda, reminded me that Mason went through this phase, too, and he got over it at some point. Of course, he replaced it with another phase of some kind, I'm sure, but at least I know that I'll be able to drive in peace again one of these days.

No comments: