Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Good news!

We're not going to be homeless anytime soon. Starting Monday, we'll be moving into a great house that's in a perfect location for us. I'm so relieved! I didn't even really realize how stressed out I was about our situation until today when the stress went away. Maybe next Sunday I can sing on the praise team without bursting into tears and running off the stage (okay, so I slipped out the back door quietly...but it was still embarrassing).



Totally changing the subject: I was reminded today that God has an amazing sense of humor. He invented humor, after all, and he's a master at it. I believe coincidences are His way of putting a smile on our faces...and His. Tonight I decided to go to Walmart, despite the fact that I hadn't looked in a mirror all day and my children looked like orphans. As I was putting Carter in the car seat, I looked at the food all over his shirt and considered putting a clean one on him. But instead, I licked my finger and wiped the spaghetti sauce off of his face the best I could. The thought went through my mind that I hoped I didn't run into anyone I knew, especially not one person in particular from OBU who I barely knew then, but seem to run into at the most inopportune times here in Tulsa. It's the same person who was the subject of this frustrated post last September. He and his wife are the picture of perfection, and I have run into them a ridiculous amount of times when I was the picture of imperfection. Anyway, long story short, I had yet another encounter with this guy at Walmart tonight. I could almost hear God laughing. I'm not sure if He was laughing with me or at me, but He's definitely getting a kick out of placing this guy in my path. (If you happen to read this, KJ or Leslie, email me and I'll tell you who it is :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY - I am so glad you are not homeless and I am dying to know how you ran into - it ALWAYS happens, doesn't it?!?

Dawn said...

Oh, I totally agree with you about God having a sense of humor.

I so feel for you that you keep running into the same person when you feel like you don't look your best.

It's a good thing you can laugh about it and make others laugh too. :)

Anonymous said...

you have to fill me in
(who is it?)

:)