Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mason and I officially have a new favorite movie. We watched Enchanted the other night (and the next day, and the next...) and LOVED it. This clip of Pip the chipmunk makes Mason wet his pants every time he sees it - literally. Oh, and Jas was friends with that guy in college - not the chipmunk - the prince (James Marsden).

Today is the 2 week anniversary of Mason's surgery. I realized today that he's eating a lot better than he was before. I just thought he was going through a light-eating phase, but there were many times that he complained about feeling sick at his stomach. Ever since they let him eat after surgery, he has devoured every meal and wanted more. He also still hasn't coughed at all - Praise the Lord!

Carter is eating better, too. I was having problems getting him to eat anything even halfway healthy - for at least a couple of months. He wouldn't eat any meat or vegetables - he just wanted the bread and fruit from his plate. He would also try to "graze" on snacks all day long. I have a childproof lock on the pantry, but somehow I would find Carter eating out of a cereal box every time I turned around. Since he's been back from G&G Camp, he's been eating just about everything I put in front of him. He even ate the Italian Steak and Pasta I made last night, even though it was pretty spicy. He scooped up the zucchini, mushrooms, and steak pieces right along with his pasta. Mason, on the other hand, promptly picked out the zucchini and mushrooms.

We started Operation No More Binky once again today. So far I've managed to convince him that his Binky is for bedtime - it's only been one morning, but he's taking it fairly well. He points to the counter and whines, "Biiiiinkyyy," every now and then, but he goes to another activity when I remind him that it's for bedtime. We'll see how long it lasts. He may be the only kid in kindergarten with a pacifier in his backpack.

1 comment:

Tisha said...

Breeana made it 4 months without the binky then got sick and I felt sorry for her and gave it back. She and Carter can be binky buddies!!!