Monday, October 8, 2007

I Love the Library

Mason and I visited the library this weekend without any other kids - it's a whole different experience without toddlers. Our favorite library has a whole room just for kids with kids' restrooms, water fountain, kid-size computer equipment, and a really cool story time room that looks like a jungle with a volcano to climb on after the story is over. I've always loved libraries, but this one takes the excitement of reading to a whole new level. And it's free!! Mason checked out some books about space (although one was in Spanish, and we didn't notice until we got home), and I checked out some level-one reading books for him as well as a couple of Karen Kingsbury books for myself. I haven't read a book in a few months because I keep telling myself that I should be working on finishing writing my own book(s) before I spend my time reading. But every night before I go to bed, I wish I had a good book to read. Oh yeah, Mason also checked out 2 DVDs - The Big Train Trip, which he's checked out a hundred times, and Toy Story.

No comments: