Saturday, October 6, 2007

Haircut Fun

I took the boys to our friend Tabi's house to get their hair cut this afternoon. I put it off as long as possible because neither one of them are great haircut customers. Sure enough, Mason actually screamed at the top of his lungs almost the whole time. At one point, he yelled, "She's cutting off my ear!!" That kid has the wildest, weirdest imagination. I hope he can learn to chill out someday because right now he freaks out about everything. Fun for me! Their haircuts look really cute, though, and Carter didn't cry this time. So it all worked out. After that we went to the park with Emily, Destiny, and Kaylee. Mason was thrilled that we got to go in the "woods." It was actually a frisbee golf course in a patch of trees, but whatever.

Mason is learning so much so fast. He knows enough letter sounds and enough about space that he read his solar system poster to me last night. He had to sound out a few of the planet names, but he got them all pretty quickly. He's learning math concepts pretty well, too. He tells me he's a "very good student." I just hope and pray he continues to think of himself as a good student and a lifelong learner. After 10 years of teaching 6th grade, I know that kids' opinion of their own abilities often changes after a few years of school. I hope I'm a good enough teacher to keep that from happening to my own child!

No comments: