Saturday, August 4, 2007

Certified Bargain Shopper

It's official - I'm a penny pincher. Just one more example of how I've turned into my mother, although I take penny pinching to heights she never dreamed of. I spent this morning at my favorite consignment shop where I dropped of a load of baby clothes and picked up a load of kindergarten clothes. Gap cargo pants, adjustable waist, perfect condition for $5. Calvin Klein t-shirt for $2. Need I say more? Now I have to prepare the remaining baby clothes and items to sell at the Just Between Friends sale in a couple of weeks - how do people live without the JBF sale? I've bought entire maternity wardrobes and baby layettes at the sale, and then sold them right back again the next year - free clothes! (almost) My other money-saving pursuit involves my new favorite grocery store - Aldi. After years of shopping at the gigantor Wal-mart stores, I have seen the light and started buying most of my groceries at the little 4-aisle store where you 'rent' a cart for a quarter and bring your own bags (also very 'green' for the environmentalist in me). I'd ride the bus to get there, but somehow I can't imagine how I could wrestle Carter, Mason, and bags of groceries on a bus.

Updates:
1. I FOUND MY RING - Actually my mom found it under the couch, right next to the remote control that had been missing for a week.
2. The WWSPD diet only works if you actually eat like skinny people - not just observe their habits. I'll work on that phase tomorrow (after I finish the bag of kettle corn my parents left here)

No comments: