Sunday, April 5, 2009

I Wanna' be a Rock Star

We went to a super fun, super loud rock concert for kids today at church (right before the super windy, freezing cold Easter egg hunt). The Crosscut band played praise music that the kids...and adults...could get up and dance to. Yes, I said dance...in a Southern Baptist church. I had this amusing vision of my little Baptist grandparents sitting on the back pew with disapproving looks on their faces. Who knows, though, Grandad Roye might have joined in when we sang "My God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save...forever, author of salvation..He rose and conquered the grave...Jesus conquered the grave..." Grandad Roye loved God with all his heart for most of his 99 years, and I think he might have just belted out the words and raised his hands in praise if he had the chance. It was definitely an amazing time of worship. Even Mason sang the songs, and he never sings in regular church worship. He brought the band's CD home and listened to the songs over and over. Carter, however, wasn't thrilled about the loudness of the concert. He watched the show with his hands over his ears and a pouty look on his face. He must be the only real Baptist in the family :)

Pictures to follow when I figure out how to get them off my phone...

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I LOVE a good worship time like that!

Yes, even Baptists can ROCK IT! LOL!

Mom said...

I loved this post. It hit my tickle box just right. Baptists have come a long way, haven't they? I just pray they never stray from the Word in order to be "in". Love you a lot! Mom