Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Weather for Spring Break!

Today is the first day of Spring Break, and the weather is cooperating nicely! We took a picnic lunch to the park today and had tons of fun in the sun with the Drakes. Tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer, and we have another picnic-at-the-park playdate with the Circle of Friends group from church. I'm trying to keep our social calendar booked this week...idle kids at home on break are known for driving their moms crazy (not that my kids ever drive me crazy :).

Totally Unrelated Sidenote:
I checked out a book from the library the other day for the first time in over a year. I lost the last book when we went to Dallas for Mason's surgery, and I can't bring myself to fork over the cash to pay for it. AND I really haven't felt like I have time to read. I really wanted to read The Boleyn Inheritance, though, so I checked it out with Mason's library card. I read some this weekend and almost all day today...when I wasn't at the park or on "mom duty"... and finally finished it just after midnight. It was very interesting, but now I'm going to have nightmares about beheadings on the Tower Green. Nice.

No comments: