Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Weekly Update

I think I can safely invest in a food processor. We really like the "deceptive" recipes. The only problem is that the recipes themselves are very labor intensive, even without the pureeing step. I'll definitely have to use some of my freezer cooking skills - doubling the recipe and freezing half - because I can't spend all day in the kitchen every day. You should have seen the mountain of dishes in my sink yesterday! (The macaroni and cheese was worth it, though.) One thing I'm excited about is the Sneaky Chef book that Kathi sent to me the other day. It has quick fixes for boxed and canned food, like Spaghettios. Maybe it won't take an hour to make lunch if I can just add sweet potato puree to a can of Spaghettios.

Carter is becoming quite the little musician. He has a song for everything. When a bus pulled up next to us at the stop light yesterday, he broke into a rousing version of The Wheels on the Bus. He also sings the Rachel Lampa song that I've been working on to sing in church. I have to get that one on video - it's adorable! Oh...and he's added a few things to his bedtime prayer. He now thanks God for pizza, Pull-Ups, and Wal Mart.

Mason is getting to be a really good reader. The only problem is that he can read the names of the TV shows on our DVR list. "Why did you record Days of our Lives, Mom?" Oh well. I guess he was bound to discover my soap habit sooner or later. He also loves for me to read to him. We finished The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and part of The Horse and His Boy (not easy for me to read aloud because I hate fantasy - but he seems to like it). We were reading a Junie B. Jones book last night that had the word "pasketti" in it. Mason broke into a giggling fit because Junie called her favorite food pasketti. "It's not pasketti," he said emphatically, "it's BA-sketti!" He was so sure of himself, I didn't have the heart to correct him. Someday he'll have spaghetti on a spelling list and he'll figure it out.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I am CRACKING UP at Mason and his Ba-Sketti!! That is sooo funny!

Girl, you rock doing all those recipes. I have the book but can't make myself do all the work it requires! I can't wait to hear about your new book you got. Maybe it will be one I can actually do! :)