Monday, July 7, 2008

See you in 6 months...

...is what Dr. Kimberling told Mason today at his first post-op visit. He said everything looked great, and he told us to stop the Lasix that Mason takes every day. We're down to ONE medicine (not including Claritin) - YAY! Added bonus: Mason has finally decided, after almost 3 years of echos and EKGs, that he's not afraid of the "stickies" and there's nothing to cry about. Finally! I used to have to bribe him to get him to quit crying and lie still during the tests. He scored a lot of Thomas trains out of the deal.

Carter has decided that he should say our family bedtime prayer. He actually throws a fit if Jas starts the prayer. I wish I could get it on video, but it's dark in the room... and he would stop if he saw the camera anyway. Here's a rough transcript:

Dear God (silent 'd')
I of you (love you)
Tane you my fwends (thank you for my friends)
Jee nay (in Jesus' name)
Amen (emphasis on the last syllable - usually more of a yell)

Let the children come to me...for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children. Luke 18:16

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness! That is precious!!! I love love love listening to children pray.

Yay! for the good news from the doctor!

Anonymous said...

OHHH! What a sweet prayer and pray-er!

Jesus, I pray that these boys will grow in wisdom and stature and in grace with God and man. We think they are ours, but they are really yours. May they do great things in your Name!

Anonymous said...

OHHH! What a sweet prayer and a sweet pray-er too.

Jesus, may both of these boys grown in wisdom and stature, and grace with God and man. May they do great things in your holy name!