Thursday, July 3, 2008

Contact Dermatitis

Mom and I have been scouring the internet for days, trying to figure out what might be causing Carter's mysterious rash - and the swollen bump on his knee. Internet diagnosis is usually a recipe for disaster - at least for me - but I do it anyway. As usual, we read about enough rash-causing, terrible diseases to decide that he had either scarletina or German measles. So we took him to a clinic in Amarillo just to make sure he wasn't contagious. One hour and $50 later, the doctor assured us that a child with no fever and no other symptoms at all, besides a rash and a bump, does not have a terrible disease. He has "contact dermatitis" and a mosquito bite. I feel better.

It's raining today, so I worked out with my Wii Fit trainer instead of jogging outside. I felt a little silly jogging in place in front of the TV. But there were other Miis jogging with me, so I wasn't alone. I also did some fitness and strength training exercises. I may have to steal Gigi and Grandad's Wii Fit when I go home tomorrow.

No comments: