Thursday, June 5, 2008

I Love Google

I've decided that Google is now the Walmart of the internet. They've come a long way from the simple, one-box search engine website that they used to be. Now they offer tons of really useful tools. I've been using their price comparison site, froogle.com, for a long time - I check it all the time to see how much things cost. But now I've discovered two new Google services that have revolutionized my life (okay, maybe a tad overstated).

Google Docs - This is a FREE online word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation program that lets me upload my Word and Excel documents OR create new ones. Then I can access them from any computer. It's super easy to use, and I can share them with other people much more easily than attaching them to email messages. My art pottery client introduced me to this so that I can write his blog posts and share them without emailing back and forth. We also have a shared list of blog topics that both of us can add to at any time. So cool!!

Google Calendar - Today I found Google's FREE calendar program. I have daily, weekly, and monthly calendars with events and deadlines typed in. I can share my calendars with other people and print copies for the fridge. This program does everything but complete the tasks for me. I'm sure Google will come up with a way to do that one of these days, too. Do you think it will be free?

No comments: