Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fun Mail

This is the second day in a row that Mason has opened the mail box and discovered a fun surprise. Yesterday, he got a Ring Bearer book from Aunt Kitty and Uncle Derek (He was the ring bearer at their wedding...a year ago...oh my!! Happy Belated Anniversary K & D!)

Today he and Carter got cards with $5 each from Gigi and Grandad. Fun!

I'm just wondering why I never get fun things in the mail. Bills. Credit card offers (like I need another one). An occasional scam letter (like the "Who's Who for Professional Women" membership form I got yesterday - ha!). But rarely anything fun. And never money.

By the way, I don't realize how old and ugly the "kid couch" is until I see it in pictures. We keep saying we'll get rid of it, but then we'd have to let the kids demolish the new furniture on the other side of the room. Jas and I bought (charged) that couch a few months before we got married. That means it's 12 years old. No wonder it looks so bad!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I'd like some "fun mail" too!!

I know how excited kids get when they get something in the mail. And, when it has money it is all the sweeter!

Oh, the couch doesn't look so bad. :)