Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Busy Week















So much has happened since I posted my last entry a week ago. Here are the highlights in a nutshell:
  • Summer is here, and we visit the park a lot (see pictures)

  • Mason finally took off on his bike (without training wheels) and rides all over the neighborhood.
  • I'm working toward being a "vocal artist" rather than just a "singer," thanks to a vocal artistry conference I attended with the church praise team. American Idol, here I come (Do they make a 30 Something version of that show?)
  • We had yet another hail storm with baseball size hail pelting the house. Good thing the roofing company hasn't replaced the roof from the last hail storm yet. There was a block of ice in one of our bushes for two days, even though it was 90 degrees outside. And my poor little potted flowers were beat to death. Very sad.
  • Carter doesn't even mention his binkie anymore, and he sleeps in his own bed almost every night. (He does tend to get out of bed and fall asleep on the hall floor, though.)
  • Vacation Bible School is this week, and we love it! I help with the crafts (easiest job on the list :), Mason tells me all about missions when we get home, and even Carter doesn't cry or try to stay with me when his little class comes to the craft/snack shack for their snack. What more could you ask for?
  • A red wasp flew in our bathroom today when I was giving the boys a bath. It was a fiasco that began with Mason screaming bloody murder and running stark naked into his bedroom, and ended with me slamming the bathroom door and shoving towels under it to seal off any openings. Needless to say, Jas had a fun task to take care of when he got home - the wasp was in the towels when he pulled them out from under the door. Thank goodness for dads!

No comments: