Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Cautiously Optimistic

I almost hate to put this in writing for fear of messing it up, but I think we're officially a binkie-free family. Two nights ago Carter lost all of his binkies, so he started sleeping without one. I somehow convinced him that he's a big boy now and doesn't need one. Mason quit using his binkie at about the same age for the exact same reason - we couldn't find it one night. Of course, you know what happens for the next six months - we find binkies all over the house and have to act fast to make them disappear before a relapse occurs.

Mason has developed a new habit that may drive me crazy. He puts things in his mouth ALL the time - his hands, his shirt, crayons, scissors, you name it. He didn't chew on things as a toddler, so I guess he's making up for lost time. It's maddening! On a happier note, he's learning to ride his bike without training wheels. It hasn't been easy, but he's doing better every day.

Today, May 27, 2008, is a big day. It's my brother David's 30th birthday (Happy Birthday!!) AND today is the last day of my home daycare. I feel like I should write a few words of reflection, but I can't think of any a the moment.

No comments: