Friday, May 16, 2008

What a day for a daydream...

It's a gorgeous day today, which is particularly nice after the cold, rainy spell we've had recently. I took the kids to the park where Mason's class was having a picnic field trip. I forgot to put his class shirt on him, and I knew he'd be stressed out about it. Sure enough, his teacher said he was worried that he wouldn't be able to go if he didn't have his shirt. By the time I got there with the shirt, he was playing and had forgotten all about it.

We went from there to McDonald's to eat and play on the space shuttle they have in their outdoor playland. The fact that it's outdoors is kind of a pain most of the year (too hot, too cold, or too wet), but today it was perfect. Carter shinnied up the platforms to the top and scared me to death. Mason wouldn't go up inside of playland equipment until he was five, so I never thought about Carter going up there at age two. He loved it, although he did get stuck once. He called out, "Mama, ayúdeme, ayúdeme!" I blame Nickelodeon for the fact that my child cries out for help in Spanish. All of the animals that Diego rescues call out, "Ayúdeme," which means "help me" - for all you monolingual English speakers out there.

Side note: I read a yahoo article today that said Tulsa has been named one of the top cities to live in. Relocate-America.com put out there annual list. I didn't see Borger, TX on there anywhere...hmmm....

1. Charlotte, N.C.
2. San Antonio, Texas
3. Chattanooga, Tenn.
4. Greenville, S.C.
5. Tulsa, Okla.
6. Stevens Point, Wis.
7. Asheville, N.C.
8. Albuquerque, N.M.
9. Huntsville, Ala.
10. Seattle, Wash

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Yay Tulsa! Isn't Borger in the panhandle of TX?? I lived in Guymon, OK for a couple of years and I'm pretty sure I remember Borger being near there???