Thursday, May 15, 2008

So Much to Blog, So Little Time...

A funny thing happens to you when you start blogging - you compose blog posts in your head all day long. Or maybe I should say I compose blog posts all day long. I never watched Sarah Jessica Parker's famous TV show (the name is too risque for my G-rated blog :), but I feel like her character monologuing random thoughts. Granted, my random thoughts are much tamer than her random thoughts, but you get the idea. So here are a few things I've thought about this week.

Mother's Day. I had a great Mother's day with several little presents from Mason and Carter. Mason's kindergarten class made "5 Minutes of Peace" for their moms. It was a tea bag, construction paper teapot, and certificate with "About my Mom" kinds of statements. On it, Mason said I'm as pretty as a dress and my favorite food is meatloaf. ??

Cupcakes. I made chocolate cupcakes on Tuesday that were so utterly delicious I can never make them again. The temptation of chocolate with a cream cheese/chocolate chip center is too much for my weak will power to resist.

Writing for a living. I'm finding my niche as a freelance writer. I love having complete control over how many projects I take at one time. And it's so much fun to work with different clients - all of mine have been super nice so far (knock on wood). I'm also figuring out that it pays to work for customers who live in New York, California, and other places that have higher costs of living. They're used to paying more for things, so they pay me more, too!

Growing up too fast. Mason's new buzz word is "awesome," spoken with a touch of a cool-guy/surfer-dude tone. It's so cute. Carter's new phrases are "sop" and "right der." If he asks for something and I go to get it for him, he points intently and says, "Sop, sop, sop - it's right der, right der!" until I pick it up. He also likes to take our order. He gets out his magna-doodle and "writes" down what we order. Then he nods and says, "...kay." We never do get our food, though...

No comments: