Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekend Recap

Friday was a wild and crazy day with EIGHT kids at my house (slight mix up on the daycare numbers), so I was very ready for the weekend. Mason put away his electric train "all by himself" after a week of playing with it, and we replaced it with the bed tent. He actually sleeps in it! Unfortunately, Carter loves the tent and doesn't know why he can't sleep in it, too. I guess the days of getting one thing for one child and not another are over.
We went to Norman on Saturday to spend the night with Mimi. Jas and I went to an actual movie - the kind at the movie theater. We saw Charlie Wilson's War - very interesting - I give it three and a half stars (out of four). The half-star demerit is for the language and slightly racy content. We came home this afternoon to a messy house with laundry waiting to be done and a completely empty pantry. I really do need a new maid. SO I put the kids in bed and hopped off to Wal Mart (I'll skip the part of the story where Jas called 10 minutes after I left and begged me to come back because Carter figured out I had left and started crying - Carter was crying, not Jas). The grand finale of the weekend was the moment I got pulled over for speeding - the first time in fifteen years. It's not the first time I've sped in fifteen years, just the first time I got caught. The friendly officer ran a check on me and kindly asked me to watch my speedometer. No ticket, no warning. I'd say it was a great weekend!

No comments: