Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Toddlerville

Carter has decided to bring back the shrill, ear-piercing scream that he perfected a few months ago. Lucky for us, he seems to go through periods when he forgets to use it. Jas calls it his 'weapon.' It's quite maddening, especially when he goes into a full-blown fit. What brings on a fit? Not being able to watch the Barney "deebeedeebee" (DVD) for the hundredth time. Not being able to sit on the counter while I cook. Having juice instead of milk in his cup - even though he specifically asked for juice. The simple word "no" is enough to bring on the Rosemary's baby act. Where is Super Nanny when you need her?

Mason is going through an interesting theological stage. He brings up fairly deep Biblical and spiritual concepts at random and proceeds to explain them to me. It wasn't that long ago that he thought God was in his tummy, so I have to say that I'm amazed at how well he seems to understand the Bible. The other day he rattled of a series of statements that were so profound and on target that I almost got the video camera and asked him to say it again. I'm pretty sure he would instantly turn on the silliness if I actually did get the camera, but I might try it next time just to see what happens.

No comments: