Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Motherhood is...

...a constant process of putting things back where they belong.

...trying to explain to a toddler why he can't eat Bisquick out of the box when there's a picture of pancakes on the front.

...getting the kids all dressed in the morning, but forgetting to put on makeup until you catch a glimpse of yourself in the rear view mirror.

...realizing that your own mother wasn't as crazy as you thought she was - she was just going through motherhood.

...the fine line between bliss and insanity.

...taking enormous pleasure in the rare event of going to the store alone.

...holding onto the precious moments while looking forward to the freedom to come in about 18 years.

...figuring out that you knew much more about raising kids before you actually had any.

I don't know why I keep thinking of these "motherhood is" phrases. They just keep popping into my head, and I thought I'd blog them - very 21st century of me, I think. The Bisquick one was inspired by my trip to "big" store with both kids earlier this evening. I could actually write a whole book of phrases about store trips alone. I may have to make a t-shirt out of the "bliss and insanity" one to sell on my CafePress store. I'll get right on that.

No comments: