Friday, October 12, 2007

I Won!

I got a letter in the mail today telling me that I have finally won one of the many contests that I enter online. I see a contest, I feel obligated to enter - and end up with thousands of junk e-mails in return. But today all my efforts have paid off. I entered a Disney "Storybook Vacation" sweepstakes - you choose your dream Disney vacation and enter to win it. I was on the verge of getting excited enough to call everyone I know when I read that my entry had been chosen in a random drawing for the first prize. But then I read on. The free vacation must have been the grand prize, because first prize was a free Disney ringtone download. Just what I need - 'When You Wish Upon a Star' on my cell phone. And even that prize isn't available anymore. So my "fun replacement" prize is a Lilo and Stitch game download - "of greater value," according to the letter. It seems to me that both a ringtone download and a game download are of equal value - neither of them costs Disney a dime. But nobody asked me. Thanks, Disney!

Mason came home today with his brown paper lunch sack in his backpack - again. He won't throw it away at school. Apparently, there is a lunch attendant that goes to battle with him every day to get him to throw it in the trash. I'm guessing Mason wins because he always makes it home with the sack. I'm so proud!

No comments: