Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Snack Time


I found a recipe for munch mix on one of my favorite websites, familyfun.com , and changed it some to make a delicious, healthy snack. Unfortunately, I like it more than the kids do, but still...
Mix: Air-popped popcorn, cinnamon/sugar, banana chips, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips (it calls for roasted peanuts, and those would be great, too). Shake well in a Ziploc bag and enjoy!
I feel like I've been really productive lately, trying to stay on top of things. But there is always so much more to do than I can get to. Keeping up with the kitchen, alone, is a full-time job. As soon as I clean it, it's time to mess it up again with another meal. And don't get me started on the laundry. It seems like all of these things get in the way of what I really want to do.
I'm trying to fit in time to write articles - I wrote one today to submit to a Christian women's magazine. Pastor Steven preached a message Sunday that, once again, spoke directly to my heart - words from God to me. It was about God giving us a bigger calling than we could ever dream of or fulfill on our own. He pointed out that because God's word is a 'lamp unto our path' it just illuminates one step at a time. You have to have the faith to take that step before He reveals the next one. I'm sure that message had a personal meaning to everyone listening, but it told me I need to be writing and submitting my work for publication - so my life can glorify HIM, which is why I'm here in the first place. Now if God could just help me figure out how to focus on writing with a bunch of kids around - like the one who is holding out a box of crackers to me right now, begging me to open it. Snack time - again.

No comments: