Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Growing Up Too Fast

Mason explained friction to me today. He said that it was what the space shuttle had when it reentered the Earth's atmosphere. Then he simplified the explanation, for non-rocket-scientists like myself, with a more concrete example of rubbing your hands together.

Carter has started sleeping in a big boy bed this week - the other twin bed in Mason's room. He loves it! When he was sleeping in his crib, he was waking up about 1:00 a.m., crying for me to bring him to bed with me. Now that he's sharing a room with Mason, he stays put until time to get up (or almost time to get up). He still sleeps in his crib for nap time, but at night he thinks he's big stuff getting to sleep where the big kids sleep. When it's time for our nighttime prayer, he gets his "boo" and crawls up in his new bed. For now, I lie down with him until he falls asleep. But I plan to phase that out over the next few months. We're also slowly reducing his pacifier time. I try to only let him have one at bedtime.

No comments: