Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm an idiot

I just left the most embarrassing phone message of my entire life - seriously. I got up the motivation and courage to contact the editor of the Tulsa Kids magazine about some articles I submitted in the spring, and then I completely lost my train of thought, my focus, my purpose for calling - you name it I lost it. The highlight was the string of ummm's toward the end when I was trying to remember the names of the articles I sent. Why didn't I listen to the little voice inside that told me to write those down before I called? If she actually calls me back, she's a saint.

Mason's visit was good news/bad news. After an echo cardiogram, EKG, 3 blood tests, a CT scan of his sinuses, and a stool sample (fun for Mom), the good news is that nothing is wrong with him. The bad news is that we still don't know why he might have recurring fevers. Those docs sure charge a lot to tell you they can't help you, don't they? At least we know Mason doesn't have some terrible illness - that's a blessing!

No comments: