Thursday, August 9, 2007

Turning Over a New Brick Wall

My friend Collyn (best friend since 2nd grade :-) pointed out that turning over a new leaf is a misnomer. A leaf is easy to turn over - habits aren't that easy to break. She called it the 1000 lb new leaf...I changed it to the brick wall. She and I both want to use the beginning of the school year to mark the beginning of better habits - especially in the area of fitness. I read a Fitness magazine cover to cover last night and got some really good ideas. I loved their mix and match meal ideas...just what I need to help me keep with in the recommended amount of calories. I've never really paid attention to portion sizes or calories, and it appears that I'm just taking in too many...plain and simple! I also realized that I'm wasting time waiting for the perfect situation to workout...I can fit in smaller workouts throughout the day - even if I don't have my 'workout clothes' on. Mason and I did a workout with 5 lb weights yesterday while we were watching TV. It was fun, and it let me fit in an opportunity to do ab exercises. Unfortunately, summer heat has finally hit Tulsa, so fitness walking outside isn't realistic most of the day. But I have been walking with the boys to the park in the evenings and trying to run around while I'm there. By the way, I also read Harper's Bazaar last night and learned that my whole wardrobe is "Out." Oh well...I guess it's a good thing I live in Oklahoma!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.