Sunday, August 19, 2007

The POWER of God's Word

In my 20-something years as a Christian, I've heard a lot of preachers. I've attended little churches, big churches, and enormous, 'super-churches' to hear sermons from all kinds of speakers - some famous, some unknown. Many of them have touched my life and put into English the lessons that God wants me to learn. But the most profound, powerful messages I have ever heard have come from our current pastor, Steven McAbee. Today's message about Christian virtues, Dressing with Distinction, was AWESOME! No one speaks the truth of God better than Steven. This was one of those days when I felt God speaking directly to me to answer some questions I've had and turn around some of my backward thinking. I actually formed a question in my mind while I was putting on Carter's shoes this morning at home, and God answered it directly through the words of our Sunday school teacher, Ben, who also brings a great lesson. Ask, and you shall receive!

Favorite phrase of the day: 'How can we refuse to forgive for so little, when God forgave us for so MUCH?'

No comments: