Monday, July 16, 2007

VBS

I'm helping with Vacation Bible School for the first time in years. Actually, I've only helped in the nursery in the past, and that was when I was a teenager. So teaching third grade vbs'ers is a new experience for me. The kickoff was last night, and it went really well. Only 5 more night to go! Mason isn't enjoying his VBS experience as much as I'd hoped he would. I think he has a slight personality conflict with the male teacher in the room. Nothing is ever easy with kids - not even sending them to Bible school.

Speaking of not easy, Carter's sleeping habits are going to drive me insane. We stuck to a plan from day one with Mason, and we didn't ever really have problems with his sleep routine. Carter, on the other hand, has been one step forward and two steps back since last fall. We're almost back to square one at this point - really frustrating because just last week he was going to bed fine and sleeping all night. I'm trying to remember 'this, too, shall end,' but it really feels like I'll be getting up with Carter in the middle of the night when he's a teenager. If that happens, we're calling Dr. Phil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel free to e-mail me ch. 3 and 4!!! I am dying to read them!