Friday, July 13, 2007

Slacker Mom Friday

It's 9:30 a.m. I have one child eating leftover Sonic ice cream for breakfast and another playing with the Cheezits AND the Cheese Nips on the living room floor - all while I type at the computer. Oh well - it's Friday.

Carter speaks monkey language - specifically, Curious George dialect. His brother started saying 'ooh ooh ahh ahh' to be silly when he was saying goodbye. Carter adopted that as his official 'goodbye' statement. He also goes around singing his version of Old McDonald - 'eeyi eeyi eeyohhh...eeyii eeyi eeyohhh' with emphasis on the last 'ohhh' sound. He's very talented.

I finished ch 4 of the book I'm writing. I had hoped to be on ch 7 or 8 by now, but I'm not as disciplined as I would like to be. I never thought of myself as a writer, so it's weird that I enjoy it so much. I find myself crying while I'm typing the sad parts, just like I would if I were reading a real book. Maybe someday it will be a real book. I just have to focus and quit planning the next book I'm going to write, which is going to be even better, by the way. Now if I can just find a publisher!

No comments: