Monday, December 10, 2007

Winter Wonderland - Sort Of








Lots of rain + 25 degrees = ice on roads, tree limbs, and power lines

The sound of tree limbs cracking under pressure is so bizarre - kind of scary. 100,000 houses in the area without power. No school today for any district in the area, except Mason's school. They take off every Monday after a four day weekend (making it a 5 day weekend), but they don't close when the roads are a solid sheet of ice and everyone else is out for a snow day? Well, I'm not getting out to take him to school - I've declared it a pajama day. Picture note: The trees are usually behind the fence, not in our backyard.

1 comment:

Ms. B said...

I thought of ya'll this morning when I saw the radar. I was kind of hoping for the same type of weather here. Scrooge is live and well in the halls at FHS. I wish I was having a pajama day.