Tuesday, November 20, 2007

'Tis the Season...

...for a bad case of the "I wants." The kids are bombarded with one toy commercial after another. Even Carter points and says "I'nt dat!" (I want that) Of course, the last thing he said that about was a 'Learn to be a Princess' DVD and dance mat.

...for the temptation to spend too much money. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm done Christmas shopping.

...for extra trash in the ol' land fills. To find fun ways to reduce and reuse things for the holidays, check out Family Fun magazine's December issue. They have a "Green Holiday" section with great crafts and giftwrap ideas using things you would normally throw away. My favorite is the gingerbread folk made from brown grocery bags. I also like the aluminum ornaments made from disposable pie tins (after the pie is gone, of course).

No comments: