Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Fun



We've had such a fun week off from school. Gingerbread houses, Christmas goodies for the neighbors, ice skating at the Galleria. What more could you ask for? The ice skating was a bit more of an adventure than I bargained for, though. Jas had to work, but we were in the Galleria area for Mason's cardiologist visit today...so I decided to take two boys ice skating for the first time by myself. Maybe not the wisest decision. I've only been one other time when Jas and I were dating. I got a little nervous when I stepped on the ice and immediately slipped. Carter was happy as a lark with his skates on - until the blades hit the ice and his feet went flying all around. He screamed and cried and begged to go home for at least 10 minutes. Mason was less than steady, but he took off by himself and did fairly well. Carter eventually quit crying long enough to skate some, and even smile once or twice. As we were leaving, I asked them if they had fun. Carter didn't answer. Mason said yes, but quickly and loudly said NO when I suggested skating again sometime. Good times. Good times.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you are blogging again! How was Mason's DR visit? Have a wonderful Christmas! We will be in Norman Christmas day, how about you?