Sunday, March 29, 2009

Out with the old...

Okay, so God reads my blog AND my mind. I hadn't even blogged about my new novel yet, and He's already sending me a very clear message about staying focused and finishing the darn thing. Our Sunday school lesson this morning was about the perseverance of Nehemiah. He stuck with the project God gave him, building a wall around the city, even though he had distractions, naysayers, and even death threats. Writing a novel sounds trivial in comparison, but it's the project that God has given me...if only I could stick with it!

I made the executive decision to abandon my first novel because it has serious problems in the first couple of chapters that I can't figure out how to fix. I've been avoiding the issue for months, and I decided last night to just start on my second novel idea and quit worrying about the first one. Here's my storyboard...yes, the main character looks a lot like Scarlett Johansen. And a couple of the other characters resemble soap opera actors. It helped me write chapter 1, though, so it's doing its job so far.


Sidenote: I created this on scrapblog.com. It was really fun and easy. I haven't had a chance to explore it much yet, but it looks SUPER cool! I may have found my new distraction. Maybe I shouldn't visit the site again until after I've finished writing my novel.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Get writing!! I can't wait to read it :o)

Mrs. Trent said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm really motivated this time...for today anyway ;)