Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Operation "No More Fits"

It just hit me yesterday that Carter is getting in the habit of throwing some sort of fit...hitting, yelling, screaming, throwing objects, etc...WAY too many times a day. I wouldn't say that I've exactly enabled him to do it, but I haven't been consistent in trying to stop it. So I'm trying to be more alert to the fact that he's spitting at me or throwing his shoes at me (yes...I can tune these things out...it's called survival), and then give him an immediate consequence. I'm not expecting instant results. I still remember Mason's 3-year-old tantrums and behavior issues. He's lucky he stayed alive long enough to turn 4. I hope I can at least turn back the tide, though, so we might could go to a restaurant without everyone in the room staring at us, wishing we would take our screaming kid home. I'll post a screaming Carter picture as soon as he gets mad again...which should be any minute now.

No comments: