Friday, February 27, 2009

What was your name again?

I've always said that I have a bad memory, but I'm realizing that's not quite true. My brain is just very selective. It holds onto useless pieces of information I'll never use again and lets go of all the important stuff.

Things I can't remember without LOTS of help:
  • Names of people I see and talk to regularly
  • Birthdays of friends and family members
  • Appointments
  • Commitments
  • State capitals
  • The current day or date

Things I can't seem to forget:

  • The French names of all my friends in high school French class
  • Random "beauty" tips from teeny mags I read in the 7th grade
  • How to ask where the trashcan is in Spanish
  • Way too many facts about the history of the British monarchy
  • A squared * B squared = C squared (who cares?)
  • The lyrics from every song in Phantom of the Opera and Les Mis (okay, and Annie, too)
  • The plots (but not the titles) of just about every short story I ever had to read in lit classes
  • Commercial songs and catch phrases from past decades (Where's the beef?)

3 comments:

Ms. B said...

Bonjour Colette - it's Brigitte. Mrs. McDaniel cares a whole bunch about a^2 + b^2 = c^2 as well as a negative * a negative = a positive AND I just read The Boleyn Inheritance by Phillipa Gregory about Anne of Cleves, Katherine Howard and Lady Rochford (Jane Boleyn).

MLT said...

Comment- cava, Colette? Cava bien? Gabrielle :)

Mrs. Trent said...

Bonjour Brigitte et Gabby. Cava bien...merci beaucoups...Shall I type the lyrics to the Rock Voisine (?) song that still gets in my head? "Sol sur ls sable, les eyeux dans l'eau, mon reve ete trop beau..." Mon Dieux!