Monday, February 16, 2009

Let Me Hold You Longer

When I was strolling through Drug Warehouse today, I discovered the poem I was trying to describe a few posts ago. Actually, Carter discovered it when he reached out and grabbed a children's book by Karen Kingsbury...my favorite Christian contemporary author. The book is called Let Me Hold You Longer, and in usual KK style, you can't read it without a box of tissues handy. Here's page 1, courtesy of Amazon.com:

Long ago you came to me,
a miracle of firsts:
First smiles and teeth and baby steps,
a sunbeam on the burst.
But one day you will move away
and leave me to your past,
And I will be left thinking of
a lifetime of your lasts.

Sniff, sniff...

Here are some pictures of our memories (hopefully not "lasts") from the past few weeks.













(a) Mason and Carter on Valentine's Day before school

(b) Carter and his super cute friend Jordan on her 3rd birthday

(c) Mason at the park on a gorgeous February day

(d) Kaelan, Mason, Carter, Kendall, Kolson, and two of Kendall's friends at Bounce U during one of the snow day bounce sessions - a HUGE lifesaver on the third day in a row that the kids were home from school because of icy roads

No comments: