Friday, May 2, 2008

Girls Night Out

I've just returned from a much needed break - a movie with the girls - Made of Honor. It was a cute movie (although a little risque, considering our girls group is from church - we're blaming Christina if Pastor Steven raises an eyebrow about it). I missed the dinner portion of the evening because I can't get figure out how to make a quick get away from this house/my kids/ridiculous amounts of last minute tasks that can't wait until I get back. I feel like I'm running underwater when I'm trying to take care of everything that has to be done before I can leave the house. It's exhausting!

I discovered today that Mason is addicted to YouTube. I'm going to have to seriously limit his computer time. He didn't have school today, and all he wanted to do was watch the same model train and tornado video clips over and over - with the most annoying Sarah Brightman song blaring from the speakers. He went into fits and convulsions when I told him he couldn't play on the computer the rest of the day. So we played lots of board games and took a field trip to the library to help him get through his withdrawals.

No comments: