Friday, April 25, 2008

A place for everything...

...and everything in it's place. It's the motto I admire, but can't seem to live by. Lately, our place for everything has been the floor - and everything has most definitely been in its place! I finally decided to do something about it yesterday, starting with ground zero...the boys' room. I rearranged to maximize space (watching HGTV pays off) and, in the process, found all kinds of lost treasures...puzzle pieces, ticket stubs, McDonald's toys from last year, and an assortment of binkies. Fitness bonus: Moving furniture is a great workout. Note to self: The next time you tackle a massive cleaning/rearranging project, find alternate arrangements for the kids. Their "help" isn't worth the trouble.

I'm ordering a really cool monogram from uppercase living (can't wait to post pics of the fabulous project I have planned) and I found some great phrases in their catalog that really do apply to my life more than the "place for everything" one. Here they are:

  • My house was clean last week...Sorry you missed it
  • The LAUDRY ROOM...loads of fun
  • Dull women have immaculate homes
  • A clean house is highly overrated
  • There are four basic food groups...milk chocolate...dark chocolate...white chocolate...chocolate truffles

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I LOVE Uppercase Living! I have quite a few of their sayings on my walls!

Some of them are hilarious. IF only I could work them into my decor?!?! lol