Thursday, March 6, 2008

Another Midnight Post

I'm going to be tired tomorrow, but I thought I'd post a quick blog entry while I'm already at the computer - even if it is after midnight. I feel so much better today than I have all week. I completely lost my voice Tuesday. I really hate when that happens. You don't realize how much you use your voice until it's gone. Reprimanding kids is almost impossible - the "mom" look is a poor substitute for the "mom" tone of voice. Ordering at Sonic is totally impossible - I tried it and had to leave empty-handed. Talking on the phone...well, obviously not an option. Jas was probably glad for the peace and quiet, but he missed out on some very interesting stories that I started to whisper, but didn't have the energy to finish.

Speaking of Jas, it's his birthday today. Or...yesterday, I guess, now that it's after midnight. He's getting a Go, Diego, Go pizza party this weekend with Carter in Norman. I can't believe it's already this particular weekend. We leave for Dallas from Norman on Sunday, and Mason's surgery is Tuesday. How did the time go so fast?

There is actually a chance we'll have to postpone the surgery. Mason's illness/fever carried over into the "10-day window" before the surgery that he's supposed to be completely healthy. He went for a blood test and checkup today, and everything looks good so far. The doctors in Dallas will be the final judges of the prognosis, though. Also, the ICU at Children's is full, and we have to postpone Mason's surgery if it's still full by Sunday. Should be interesting.

No comments: